Thursday, April 4, 2013

My week in class

As I am thinking of how to start this post I cannot believe it but it's nothing ICT related! Anyway...

My team talked awhile ago about our maths programmes and making math overall more relevant and meaningful.We thought about our maths warmups and ensuring they weren't always number knowledge focused. We have found in the past that this does not cater for the vast range of knowledge ability in the class and wanted to do something differently.

So, this week for my maths warmups I have taught fractions. Each day I taught the same objective but in a different, motivating and 'real' way. I even differentiated it for my high-flyers by adding in some decimals and percentage work.

I found great ideas on Pinterest. If you are not signed up to pinterest then you really must!

Here are some posts we wrote on our class blog about our week of maths.

Cubes Fraction work

Pebbles Fraction work

Name Fraction work

Fraction Portraits

I even had one boy say "This is a good way to learn fractions" Imagine my excitement to hear that!



No comments:

Post a Comment