Tuesday, August 13, 2013

PD at Te Kowhai School

My very first QR code! Yes, I made it all by myself! ;) Have you a device handy to scan and see where it leads?

Today at Te Kowhai I joined a QR codes discussion which Elysia led. It was great to hear how she has implemented QR codes into her classroom so far.

I have many ideas .. book reviews, math app or any app reviews, art work with a QR code pasted in he corner which leads to a review/reflection of their art work, and more!

Here is the QR code website. You need to copy and paste the link to this website and it generates a QR code.
http://qrcode.kaywa.com/


2 comments:

  1. Hi Marce, very cool, i love that you got straight on and made one! you know what im hearing inside my head now . . . i totally need an iphone! theres all these great QR codes around and i need to be able to scan them and see what they're all about!
    Have you tried vocaroo? i got a couple of students onto day and they recorded their mihi's and uploaded their codes. They were so excited about scaning the code and sharing it with someone today, so im definately going to do this with the whole class. If you have some time, could you encourage some of your kids to try it out? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marcelle
    Well done for thinking about how this tool can support learning and learners in your class. It is great how a simple digital tool can improve learner's ability to reflect on their learning and share this reflection of a paper task with an audience. This will take learning to a whole new level if learners can include their immediate reflections of learning with others! I look forward to the many ideas you have for using this to expand one of our School Values of "reflection"!

    I has given me an idea for us developing an "App box" where we can begin to record the digital tools we use to promote the 4 Rs... what do you think? I will draw one up and show you my idea so you know what I'm thinking of!


    Myra

    ReplyDelete